Do you want to see 6 things I have made? I hope so, because that is the theme of this second ‘Nice to Meet You’ linkup. Remember last month’s linkup? It was all about 6 things I like to do, and it was a blast to link up with the ladies I met through an Alt Summit class.
Now I’ll take you on a journey through 6 items that I have created.
1. Ceramic bowls that I made in college. I think at this point I would kill for a wheel and a kiln. We wouldn’t be able to walk through our house because there would be so many bowls covering every surface. I LOVE bowls, and they are so absolutely fun to make. Have you ever made something functional with clay? There’s nothing like the thrill of first using something you’ve created from scratch.
2. These strange items are knitted and felted shapes. When I was first learning how to knit, following You Tube videos and all, I practiced knitting in the round before I jumped into any real project. I had all of these weird little things, so I decided to felt them in my washing machine and I adore them. They’re so fun to play with and fit together in different ways- I keep meaning to make more.
3. Encaustic paintings. I love painting with wax so so so much, and I am drawn to the translucent, mysterious effect wax gives to artwork. Did you see my post about kid-friendly wax painting from yesterday? So fun.
4. This little fella is something I can’t say I’m actually proud of, but I did sew him all by myself. When Fen was about 5, she drew this creature that she wanted me to make a stuffed animal out of, so I complied. The embroidery I added on a whim because I wanted to learn some embroidery stitches. She never really liked the creature, but I find him quite loveable in a faceless way.
5. Once upon a time I tore out tiny bits of newspaper and glued them to a blown-out egg. Eventually the egg broke, so I bought a ceramic egg from Hobby Lobby and repeated the project. I enjoy eggs.
6. Once upon another time I did a lot of painting. I made these little acrylic alien silhouette paintings when I was on a summer artist’s residency.
What do you think? Eep! I feel so vulnerable showing off things I’ve made. Want to link up with us? Please do- I’d love to come see 6 things you’ve made. Really!
Remember: Please follow 4 hostesses (or more if you’re inspired):
Jeanette @ Artchoo
Ashley @ Bricks & Baubles
Lindsay @ Shrimp Salad Circus
Lianne @ A Content Housewife
Lauren @ Elleby Design
Ashley @ She Makes A Home
Erika @ Fox Trot Press
Suzannah @ Adventures in Dressmaking
Sentrell @ Suite Seven
Dani @ The Future Reynolds
Jenny @ House Full of Pretty
Haeley @ Design Improvised
Eva @ Build House Home
Display our button on your post using the link displayed below it:
<div align="center"><a href="http://artchoo.com/6-things-i-have-made/" title="Nice to Meet You"><img src="http://www.artchoo.com/images/nicetomeetyoubadge.png" alt="Nice to Meet You" style="border:none;" /></a></div>