What six things (tools, resources, or supplies) can you not live without?
We’re back with another link up, and this time it’s an interesting one. I thought it would be easy to answer this question, but I am resisting being truthful. Why? because most of my things have to do with technology, and that should be embarrassing. I should be writing about how much I can’t live without my 30 year old wood gouge, but oh well.
These first two are no-brainers, but I feel massively compelled to include them.
1. Laptop – My lifeline to the outside world. I had a computer when my daughter was little, but it was slow and dumb. It might have even been dial up. I seriously cannot imagine life without a laptop now- I have it cracked open always and it’s everywhere I am. Did you notice the nail polish streaks across the top? That means it’s well-loved.
2. iPhone – My to do list, entertainment, GPS, laptop-substitute. I can’t do anything without this thing either. I am so ultra plugged-in.
3. Running shoes – Wow. It took me 40 years to realize I NEED to exercise. I’ve run on and off before, but this is the first time in my life I’ve stuck with it and really realized what an enormous impact it has on my mental health.
4. Sharpies – I think I’ve used at least one Sharpie marker every day for the past 20 years. I use them for writing and drawing, and my kids have inherited the love.
5. Sketchbooks, paper and markers for the kids. These items are a must-have for any household with kids, because they are creative little creatures.
6. Automobile – Sometimes when I’m bustling my kids into the car and throwing snacks at them and zipping off to somewhere and somewhere else, I feel like a cliche stay-at-home-mom. But my car is my lifeline to the outside world. Wait, does this sound familiar?
Come on. I know your mind is spinning right now, thinking about all of the things you can’t live without. Link up your blog post below, or link up a Pinterest board you have created especially with this in mind. Or at least leave a comment telling me something you couldn’t possibly live without.
(Please follow 4 of these awesome blogs and include our button with the linkup link on your blog or post.)
Latest posts by Jeanette Nyberg (see all)
- 11 Creative Gifts for Your Awesomely Creative Children - December 6, 2013
- Picasso Self-Portrait Project - December 4, 2013
- Collaging For Preschoolers - December 2, 2013